Incorrect stock option downloads

Options
I am in the process of switching over from Quicken for Windows to the Mac version and for the most part, I'm pretty satisfied, but there is one big issue I keep finding with downloads. I have several accounts with two different brokers. When I sell a stock option, Quicken for Mac downloads the transaction as "Buy To Cover" instead of "Sell". My workaround has been to correct the transaction to sell which works, but then each time I download new transactions, it downloads a new "Buy to cover" transaction, not recognizing that it already downloaded that transaction. I tried to leave those incorrect transactions but they affect the cash balance so that doesn't work. In some cases it keeps downloading that incorrect "buy to cover" transaction multiple times. If it was just one broker, then I'd think it was a brokerage problem but it happens with two different brokers so I know it's a Quicken problem. The problem goes away after about a week for each trade but this is an unacceptable amount of work to constantly correct each account.

Best Answer

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello Neodcojdg,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your question, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

There is an ongoing Idea thread here to add the capability to enter stock options in Quicken for Mac.

I would recommend visiting the Idea page to add your vote. 

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello Neodcojdg,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your question, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

There is an ongoing Idea thread here to add the capability to enter stock options in Quicken for Mac.

I would recommend visiting the Idea page to add your vote. 

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.