After the Win 10 1909 update Quicken has stopped working correctly.

Options
After the Win 10 1909 November, Update Quicken will load but locks up and displays a message from windows that the program has stopped responding. If I restart as an "Administrator" Quicken opens with a Windows warning that Quicken is not configured for running "As Administrator". I was able to open my accounts and download account information to my accounts but Quicken crashed when I tried to exit the program. I am running the latest version; Quicken Premier 2020, R23.14 Build 27.1.23.14.

Is there a work-around for this problem?

Best Answer

• Brent Meyers
    Brent Meyers Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I returned to my original settings (Controlled Folder Access disabled) and the problem remained. I opened MS Edge and was notified that Edge had been updated. Closing the notification window and restarting Quicken, everything worked as normal. Edge seemed to be interfering with Quicken's access to the internet. No problems now. Running Dropbox, One Drive, Win 10 1909 Pro.

Answers

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Brent Meyers
    Brent Meyers Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Following your link, I was able to get Quicken to start and run. Yet, the program still crashes when exiting. Also if I try to back-up my current file the program crashes. Are there other files I should be looking at to White List? I had no problems before updating to Win 10 1909 yesterday. Security is not reporting any blocked files.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm running Windows 10 Pro 1909 and not having any problems with Quicken 2017.

What is the path to the folder that contains your Quicken data file? Are you using OneDrive, Dropbox or Google Backup?

I would try disabling Controlled Folder Access.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Brent Meyers
    Brent Meyers Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I returned to my original settings (Controlled Folder Access disabled) and the problem remained. I opened MS Edge and was notified that Edge had been updated. Closing the notification window and restarting Quicken, everything worked as normal. Edge seemed to be interfering with Quicken's access to the internet. No problems now. Running Dropbox, One Drive, Win 10 1909 Pro.
This discussion has been closed.