Where did my budgets go?

I know this is a recurring problem. Yesterday, I had budgets. Today they are gone. Even worse, if I restore from a backup from two weeks ago, they aren't there either. I'm hopeful that the budgets are still in the data file, and a change in a recent Quicken update is causing the software to not see them. Any ideas? I'm on 2020 Version R23.14 Build 27.1.23.14
Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Hello Brian,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

Are you still needing help with your missing budget?

If so, can you verify where the Quicken data file is stored? For steps on locating the file, please see the information available here.

Do you sync to the mobile or web app at all?
    Let me know!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • LowcarbNY
    LowcarbNY Member ✭✭✭
    Brian (and Q_Tyka) This problem has existed for years and has plagued many
    Just count all the threads that have been closed on this issue w/o any resolution.
    Here is mine .
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7422156/lost-budget-in-2017r3-2-times-in-3-days
    I continue to have this problem. Frequent backups and frequent redoing of work I've loss are the only answer I've had. It is getting to the point of wangting to quit Q altogether.
    Why the program wants to throw away Budgets but not other data is a mystery that the coders should be able to understand.
    Quicken for Windows since 1995
    Frequently loosing budgets since 2017
    Occasionally loosing budgest since 2012
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let me ask again ...
    Do you Sync to Mobile / Web?
    If yes, does the budget exist BEFORE you Sync and has vanished after Sync has completed?
  • LowcarbNY
    LowcarbNY Member ✭✭✭
    @ukr I don't know about @ Brian Francis but I am not using mobile sync. Once again this morning my budgets are gone and I'm forced to look for a backup that will load without thinking there is no budget. I say thinking because when this problem occurs the file size does not change.
    Quicken for Windows since 1995
    Frequently loosing budgets since 2017
    Occasionally loosing budgest since 2012
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

If you haven't rebooted Windows since you installed the latest software update, please do so now and then try Quicken again.

Still not working?

Let's try some "Troubleshooting 101" to ensure the Quicken software is installed and updated properly and that your data file is in good working order.
    Please perform all the steps in this document:
    Troubleshooting 101 - Fixing Software Installation and Data File Problems

This discussion has been closed.