how do I find the release notes

how can I get release notes for premier 2020 R23.17 build 27.1.23.17 just updated when i opened Quicken

Best Answer

Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you sure about 23.17, the last release I have is 23.14 and haven't heard about a 23.17 until your post?
    The latest posted Release Notes can be found at:

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Hello @bill L2

Prior to installing any update for Quicken, a dialogue window should appear which lists the release notes and what is included in that specific release, as seen below.

If this window is not appearing prior to installing the update, I recommend checking the pop-up and security settings for your browser to ensure that nothing is being blocked when updating.

The R23.17 release is a hot fix that is in a "staged release" format.  Meaning that once the update is made available and has been downloaded by a set number of Users, the release is paused while we listen for any reports of issues after installing the release.

Once the release has gone live for all Users, the release notes are posted at https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product.

Please be aware that until the update has completed the staged release phase, the release notes are not posted, just in case an issue is reported that stops the release and requires additional work/testing.

I hope this information is helpful and please let us know if there are further questions/concerns regarding the contents and release schedule for the R23.17 update.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • bill L2
    bill L2 Member ✭✭
    Thanks for the info
  • @Sarah - That window of release notes does not always pop up. It's wonderful when it does, but I almost never see it. And no, it has nothing to do with the pop-up settings on my browser. If Q isn't running and you start it up when it has an update to make, all you get is a Yes/No box to apply it. Even if I say 'no' and open Q to do a 1-step update, I still almost never see that box. It's a pain in the butt having to go search for release notes all the time just to find out what changed. Perhaps Q should be programmed to open and *then* tell you there's an update so it can give you the list. Or find a way to pop it up all the time, no matter what kicks off the update.
  • bill L2
    bill L2 Member ✭✭
    besides what Jim1234567 explained, I did not even have a chance to answer yes or no, it updated automatically, as soon as I opened the program
  • bill L2
    bill L2 Member ✭✭
    thanks, I will give that a try.
This discussion has been closed.