Two accounts but only want to see one on mobile app

Hi,

I've been using quicken forever and am currently using the home and business version. My kiddo is heading to college in the next year and I would her to learn how to use quicken. Would like her to know how to create a budget, track expenses etc. Initially I'll do all the updating but eventually she will take over using mobile app or quicken on the web. Goal is that once she is done with college she will know the importance of record keeping etc.

I've started a "kid" account on my laptop and I've downloaded the mobile app. I can toggle between the two accounts, which is great, except I would prefer to only see her account on the app. Is there a way to switch off the ability to view my account on the mobile app?

Thanks in advance
Nats

Best Answer

Answers

• nteixeir
    nteixeir Member ✭✭
    Separate date file i.e. separate .qdf
  • nteixeir
    nteixeir Member ✭✭
    I've set up the data file I'm just trying to figure out how to not see my data file on the mobile app.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @nteixeir

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your question, although I apologize you haven't found a solution.

To disable your file from mobile sync:

Edit ->Preferences -> Quicken ID, Sync & Alerts -> Sign in as a different user
    Sign out and back in with your Quicken Id.

When you sign in there will be an option to sync to mobile, choose no do not sync.

To remove the dataset, please navigate the "Kid" file and follow the steps available here.

Let us know how it goes!
    -Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.