For Sale By Owner

Options
I bought an old mobile home for $18k, I then remodeled it, Many unforeseen circumstances later, Costs went way over budget. Spent about $100K. I lived in it for a year while my house had tenants. I moved out and rented it for about 10 months, 2 different sets of tenants had to be evicted. I sold the house at a huge loss, $55K the buyer is making monthly payments over 36 months. How do I set that up in Quicken? This was several years ago, the purchaser has been making payments for over two years. My business holds the title and has been paying personal property taxes. I don't owe anything on the property.

I just purchased Quicken, I need to set this up retroactively, record all payments to date, etc. etc. I'm very new to Quicken and I'm definitely not an accountant. So, explain it the best you can in 3rd-grade terms. :smiley:

Comments

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Hello @dgtollett

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your question, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

I have a few questions to help better understand what you are needing.

Are you looking to just create an account and track how much you have been paid?

Is there any type of interest you are trying to track?

Are you looking to track this for tax purposes?

The more information you can provide regarding this issue will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.