Unable to open existing file or create new file

SteveFerguson
SteveFerguson Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭
As of this morning, I am unable to open an existing file or create a new file. On my existing file, Quicken will get as far as allowing me to enter my file encryption password. On a new file, it crashes shortly after selecting the new filename, but before I can take any other actions (such as creating an account). In both cases, I get the window frame, the menu bar, and a white background. Before I can take any actions, that window closes and the crash report window opens up, also launching Internet Explorer in the background (which never shows the URL and simply hangs).

I contacted the support chat line and they had me reinstall Quicken, which did not change things.

I was able to open my file yesterday evening, prior to applying the latest Patch Tuesday updates from Microsoft. The Microsoft patches for Windows 10 are the only change, so while it seems logical that would be related, it doesn't help me get my file open. Is there an update to Quicken required so that it works with the latest Windows 10 patches?

At the moment, the software is entirely unusable, since I can't even create a new file and start over. If anyone has any suggestions on how to get Quicken working again, I'd appreciate them.

Best Answer

Answers

This discussion has been closed.