Capital One Accounts Won't Authorize/Download (updated title)

124»

Answers

• kburden
    kburden Member
    After over an hour on Quicken chat with Andrea, I think I have finally have the download from Capital One working.

1st she had me:
    turn off the Firewall, then go to Capital One’s web site and unlink Quicken

She had me create a test file first & add a new account (using Capital One- Current as the bank) to see if the connection/download would work and it did:

You can go to File> New> Start from Scratch

Don’t use Quicken mobile (it is not necessary)

Then I tried my previous file but it still timed out. So then I exported my previous main file:

We will try to export the information you have on your file to a new file (to see if Quicken can resolve any “damage”) to do so, you can go to File> Export > Quicken Windows Transfer File ( I used the Windows transfer option even that I'm using Quicken for Mac)

And saved to my desktop

Then I went back to the Test file previously created that successfully connected to Capital One. ( File> Open recent> choose the test file we created)

Then: now, go to File> Import> Quicken Windows File

and choose the file from the desktop

And it all worked. Hopefully this will work for someone else. It was a lot of work.
  • kburden
    kburden Member
    I have Cox internet so it's not just Fios.

I finally got a fix though....see below:

After over an hour on Quicken chat with Andrea, I think I have finally have the download from Capital One working.

1st she had me:
    turn off the Firewall, then go to Capital One’s web site and unlink Quicken

She had me create a test file first & add a new account (using Capital One- Current as the bank) to see if the connection/download would work and it did:

You can go to File> New> Start from Scratch

Don’t use Quicken mobile (it is not necessary)

Then I tried my previous file but it still timed out. So then I exported my previous main file:

We will try to export the information you have on your file to a new file (to see if Quicken can resolve any “damage”) to do so, you can go to File> Export > Quicken Windows Transfer File ( I used the Windows transfer option even that I'm using Quicken for Mac)

And saved to my desktop

Then I went back to the Test file previously created that successfully connected to Capital One. ( File> Open recent> choose the test file we created)

Then: now, go to File> Import> Quicken Windows File

and choose the file from the desktop

And it all worked. Hopefully this will work for someone else. It was a lot of wor
  • michaelsfutter
    michaelsfutter Member ✭✭
    > @kburden said:
    > I have Cox internet so it's not just Fios.
    >
    > I finally got a fix though....see below:
    >
    > After over an hour on Quicken chat with Andrea, I think I have finally have the download from Capital One working.
    >
    > 1st she had me:
    > turn off the Firewall, then go to Capital One’s web site and unlink Quicken
    >
    > She had me create a test file first & add a new account (using Capital One- Current as the bank) to see if the connection/download would work and it did:
    >
    >
    > You can go to File> New> Start from Scratch
    >
    > Don’t use Quicken mobile (it is not necessary)
    >
    > Then I tried my previous file but it still timed out. So then I exported my previous main file:
    >
    > We will try to export the information you have on your file to a new file (to see if Quicken can resolve any “damage”) to do so, you can go to File> Export > Quicken Windows Transfer File ( I used the Windows transfer option even that I'm using Quicken for Mac)
    >
    > And saved to my desktop
    >
    > Then I went back to the Test file previously created that successfully connected to Capital One. ( File> Open recent> choose the test file we created)
    >
    > Then: now, go to File> Import> Quicken Windows File
    >
    > and choose the file from the desktop
    >
    > And it all worked. Hopefully this will work for someone else. It was a lot of wor

For many of us, the "new file" trick did not work at all.
  • Joe Pucci
    Joe Pucci Member ✭✭
    This is a joke. Try what they recommend and you get this new error: Quicken is unable to update this account because Web Connect support for your financial institution has been either temporarily, or permanently discontinued [CC-885].
  • AZCoder1959
    AZCoder1959 Member ✭✭✭
    @michaelsfutter I won't even waste my time that way. This isn't a fix, it's a convoluted workaround. I'm also on Cox, so I highly doubt it's an ISP problem.
  • aaron
    aaron Unconfirmed ✭✭✭
    happy to say it worked for me today. I had to sign into 4 accounts and each signed in quickly the first try.
  • michaelsfutter
    michaelsfutter Member ✭✭
    @AZCoder1959 I didn't say it was a fix. It needs to actually get fixed. But having a workaround is *something*.
  • NeuBob
    NeuBob Member
    I happen to be traveling out of the country and can't connect on FioS at home but in Canada I was able to connect and download but i'm still getting an error... "Partial Download (-28)
    10 transactions downloaded
    QCS_SERVER_ERROR:client.response.xml.validation:the XML response document was invalid

This really sucks... i need to get my transactions downloaded
  • AZCoder1959
    AZCoder1959 Member ✭✭✭
    @michaelsfutter My comment wasn't meant to be a criticism of your post, Michael. Rather, it was a general comment about how companies offer such workarounds in lieu of an actual fix and call their work done. As a retired IT guy, I was never satisfied giving that kind of response to my users.
  • AZCoder1959
    AZCoder1959 Member ✭✭✭
    > @aaron said:
    > happy to say it worked for me today. I had to sign into 4 accounts and each signed in quickly the first try.

Thanks, Aaron. I tried it again today (skipped yesterday) and it worked for me, too. Why am I skeptical we'll find out what was done to actually fix this problem (and on whose side)? 🙄
  • John LeG
    John LeG Member
    I can't get my 3 Capital One Bank (not 360) accounts connected. I disconnected them in quicken but they would not reconnect. Then I unlinked Quicken on the Capital One platform. When trying to reconnect via quicken the name of the bank and the website is not matching right, "Capital One Bank after-12-15-13" goes to the wrong URL, Capital One Card Services almost works. The quicken program sees my accounts and re-links but then I'm told the name does not match. whut up???
  • michaelsfutter
    michaelsfutter Member ✭✭
    The service has been broken for a while and it may be linked to your IP. Try tethering to your phone to reconnect your Quicken software to your CapOne accounts. Once it's re-established, you should be able to proceed as normal on WiFi.
  • John LeG
    John LeG Member
    well I clicked something different and got "Capital One Bank New" to show up and that did it....nevermind!
This discussion has been closed.