Capital One Accounts Won't Authorize/Download (updated title)

Options

Answers

• chirashi
    chirashi Member ✭✭
    Options
    Using Q-for-Mac 5.13.3, trying to re-setup Capital One accounts (checking, MM, visa), I enter the logon credentials, but the resulting window cursor spins for several minutes before timing out. I never see a list of accounts. So I cannot download transactions for those accounts. (Plus, WebConnect says it is disabled for this bank.)
  • Atlas4
    Atlas4 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Same problem here. Spoken to Cap 1 and Quicken several times in the past 3-4 weeks. No resolution with each pointing the finger at the other.
  • Leigh A
    Leigh A Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I have spent at least 6 hours on the phone with capital one and quicken and same as above - no resolution and saying it is the other parties issue! Can a Quicken Representative contact Capital One... because something is WRONG!
  • Alan Grobman
    Alan Grobman Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    My solution of unlinking the account at Capital One and then re linking in Quicken worked initially but then did not download fully and now does not re-link. So am back in the soup with all. For now, am doing a Manual Download exporting from Capital One and then linking that download to the Capital One account. In the Capital One account click on the I Want to... then you can find the link to download the transactions, pick the Quicken file and the dates.
  • Atlas4
    Atlas4 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I have tried to manually download transactions from Capital One and import them into Quicken for a new Capital One bank account only to have a Quicken Import error that says "Download Unavailable! Quicken is unable to update this account because Web Connect support for your financial institution has been either temporarily, or permanently discontinued [CC-885]."

So there you go, I can't set up downloading via Quicken and I can't download manually either. :(
  • mtd65
    mtd65 Member
    Options
    I am having the same issue. I cannot set up Capital One to automatically download transactions as it doesn't take me to a login screen just a blank white screen and now I am unable to manually download transactions as I get an error "Unable to determine the financial institution"
    This is now a serious issue that Quicken needs to resolve
  • cjrebert
    cjrebert Member
    Options
    why does the add account routine not work for capital 360 account after authorizing the data transfer to quicken
  • Atlas4
    Atlas4 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I finally was able to link a new Capital One account to Quicken Mac using the following method (which I've tried many times in the past month, but it finally worked today):

1. Add a new account under the Account Menu. I chose Savings.
    2. Choose Capital One Bank - New as the financial institution.
    3. Use your login credentials for Capital One.
    4. Once authenticated, if it authenticates, link your accounts accordingly.

Again, I've tried this many times in the past almost always failing. There is clearly a connection issue between Quicken and Capital One but this finally worked for me after 1 month of trying to resolve it.

Good luck!
  • Leigh A
    Leigh A Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Quicken, can you please address this issue!  There are so many of your Users that are having this issue and have for several weeks! This is throwing all bookkeeping, budgeting off!

Please address and do not keep dismissing this issue!

[edited for readability and to remove all caps]
  • jbrown08322
    jbrown08322 Member ✭✭
    Options
    My subscription version just updated to R23.21, but same issue.
  • Leigh A
    Leigh A Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Is anyone else having problems with your Capital One Accounts not "re-authorizing" and or downloading or not downloading transactions into Quicken?When I go the re-authorize the accounts or even to act like I am setting a new account up, it just spins and spins until it eventually times out. I have been fighting this for weeks and have spent many hour on the phone with Capital One and Quicken. Just don't want to start the new year out so behind and with such chaos! Any
  • Laurie Olson
    Laurie Olson Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    I am having the same problem. (Off-Topic)
  • Leigh A
    Leigh A Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Sadly still no Resolution with new software update today.
  • thefeff
    thefeff Member ✭✭
    Options
    Since last update to Q on the Mac, the upate function for Capital One is not working. What happened?
  • bikingbob4914
    bikingbob4914 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Same here. Capital One Card Services not updating unless repeatedly reauthorized.
  • bikingbob4914
    bikingbob4914 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Yes, ongoing issue of updating transaction info from Capital One Card Services. Must re-authorize every time.
  • Leigh A
    Leigh A Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    > @Quicken_Tyka said:
    > Hello Lynda,
    >
    > Thank you for the response, giving those steps a try and including a screenshot of the Capital One screen.
    >
    > I am unable to recreate this and I receive the option to sign in and do not receive a blank sign in, this points to the issue being something local and not an issue with Capital One.
    >
    > (Image)
    >
    >
    > If you haven't already, I would start by rebooting the computer, I would then try to connect the account once more this time, select the "?" in the bank list and choose update list and then search for Capital One and sign in.
    >
    >
    >
    > Do you run any 3rd party antivirus such as Norton or Malwarebytes, just to list a few examples?
    >
    > If neither of those steps works to correct the issue, try going to:
    >
    >  Quicken > Preferences > Connected Services and click the blue "Reset" to reset the cloud.
    >
    > (Image)
    >
    >
    > Let me know how it goes!
    >
    > -Quicken Tyka

Has there been any movement from within Quicken to get this issue resolved? I am still spending hours weekly calling capital one and quicken and attempting to try to reauthorize my Capital One accounts. I do not see it listed on the known issues page. Does Quicken know that this is an issue and are they trying to address it. Capital One says its nothing on there part and does not have any higher level tech support to support the issue. Could you please update us on this situation.
  • Robert Honeyman
    Robert Honeyman Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    > @Alan Grobman said:
    > I found my solution, maybe it will work for you. In the Capital One Account if you are trying to reauthorize, your account is probably already linked on that account so it will not do it again. You go into your profile after you sign in on the Capital One Account, click Security and click on Linked Accounts and de-link the Quicken Account. Then when you go to authorize it through Quicken it works perfectly!

Thank you. Genius at work. :smile:
  • Bettie Hayes
    Bettie Hayes Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have Quicken 2017 version 4.8.6 (build4820336.100). Connection type is Quicken Connect. The bank is Capital One Bank. This is a current credit card. When I follow the new 'sign in' prompts, the churner just churns and churns. When I select the bank and click 'continue', I get a blank page. This is going nowhere.
  • stevenbuehler
    Options
    Issues here as well with Quicken Mac. Receiving the following errors:

QCS_SERVER_ERROR:client.response.xml.validation:the XML response document was invalid
  • AZCoder1959
    AZCoder1959 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Quick for Mac here, too. I've been getting an error with only one of my CapitalOne accounts over the last few days. Error code: CP_ACCOUNT_NOT_FOUND. I'm able to log into the account in a browser without difficulty.

Update: I figured out why and it has nothing to do with this issue. Since I don't know how to delete a post, I figured I'd just leave this comment.
  • System
    System Member admin
    Options
    This discussion was created from comments split from: Capital One Accounts will not connect.
  • aaron
    aaron Unconfirmed ✭✭✭
    Options
    Having the same issue since installing 5.14. I eventually got it to authorize all accounts and connect one of four accounts but can't get the rest to connect. I get the connecting screen that just spins and spins until it eventually times out.
  • AZCoder1959
    AZCoder1959 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Options
    > @Robert Honeyman said:
    > > @Alan Grobman said:
    > > I found my solution, maybe it will work for you. In the Capital One Account if you are trying to reauthorize, your account is probably already linked on that account so it will not do it again. You go into your profile after you sign in on the Capital One Account, click Security and click on Linked Accounts and de-link the Quicken Account. Then when you go to authorize it through Quicken it works perfectly!
    >
    > Thank you. Genius at work. :smile:

Oooo, so close! But no, that didn't work for me. :smile:

I am DOA with three CapOne accounts (long story short, one of my accounts went into hibernation and that started this chain of misery). Add me to the list of those that called the bank and been told to call Quicken. Not a happy camper, considering how long this problem has been out there.
  • mathematics28
    Options
    Can't add any capital one accounts. I get to the sign in page for capital one, click next to be able to enter login credentials, but the page is completely blank except for a cancel button.
  • AZCoder1959
    AZCoder1959 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I have the same problem but in my situation, I can enter my credentials and the spinner spins until it times out. I called Capital One yesterday and they said it's a Quicken problem. Not sure about that.
  • spmassey1
    spmassey1 Member ✭✭
    Options
    >:) I have downloaded transactions for many years with no problem but am now getting an error of: AGGREGATOR_IN_ERROR (QCS_SERVER_ERROR). Any suggestions?
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @spmassey1,

Apparently a number of users are having problems with Capital One downloads.  See this recent message thread:
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7868876/capital-one-accounts-will-
    not-connect-on-qwin-updated-title-for-platform

Here's the guidance recently posted by @Quicken Tyka:

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

The "t's Not Your Fault"  error requires Quicken Support agents to review logs and provide further assistance. The issue may need to be escalated and may not have an immediate resolution. 

Contact Support

There have been posts here on the Community regarding Capital One, however, there has not been an official alert or announcement regarding Capital Once.

Contacting support will help create tickets to gauge user impact so that an escalation may be opened with our Service Providers if necessary.  

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka

Hope this helps...

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• AZCoder1959
    AZCoder1959 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    On, 2/13/2020, I reported I had a connection problem (on that thread Frankx referenced) that I had a related problem with Quicken for Mac and one of my CapitalOne accounts. At first, I thought it was because the account had been temporarily "suspended" due to inactivity. I made a transfer to reenable it and I still can't connect, even after completely disconnecting and reconnecting. The spinner spins until it times out. It's been 4 days or so now. The other CapitalOne accounts were fine, though, until I stupidly disconnected them and tried to reconnect...then all accounts were timing out.

I called CapitalOne about it. There's nothing they can do on their side and are sending me to Quicken to resolve it.

2/14/2020 update: I contacted Quicken and they spent quite a bit of time analyzing my error & connection logs. Nothing specifically found other than "Something's blocking you." Told me to wait 24-48 hours and try again.

2/20/2020 update: Still times out after 5 minutes. I contacted CapitalOne; again, they told me to talk to Quicken, there's nothing they can do. I asked them to escalate it. Then I contacted Quicken; again, told me to wait 24-48 hours and try again, maybe there's a server problem that needs to get resolved.

At this rate, I don't see how it will ever get fixed. No one's doing anything. My suggestion is you report it to Quicken AND CapitalOne tech support and maybe that will light a fire if enough people report it.
  • SueWatt
    SueWatt Member
    Options
    Unable to add capital one accounts to quicken deluxe 2020 for a mac. It times out after login. Capital one says it is a quicken problem and Quicken says it's a capital one problem. I can successfully add other accounts. Any suggestions
This discussion has been closed.