My old backups were in Windows. Opened a backup, that led to problem.

Options
To find a transaction several years ago, I opened on old Windows backup with my Quicken for Mac. That worked fine, but now I have extra copies of all my accounts listed in the accounts column of QuickenMac. How do I get rid of them without damaging anything current?
Tagged:

Comments

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sounds like you imported the old file into your existing Quicken for Mac file.
    You need to do restore of your last previous Quicken for Mac Backup file.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• MyQuser4321
    MyQuser4321 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Splasher:

Thank you for your response. I opened Quicken and highlighted the most current checking Account, then did File-Restore from Backup. It offered me a list and I selected the one most current, which was December 8. I restored it, so now my check register is the same as it was before I restored, except the two checks I wrote on December 15 are missing. I can reenter them, so that is OK.

But, I probably did not describe my perceived problem well enough. When I opened previous backups (which were from Quicken Windows) they were added to the list of accounts to the left of the check register. So I have in that list: Checking, Checking 2, Checking 3. My first thought was to simply select Checking 2 and delete it. But I have such limited understanding of how Quicken works that I don’t know if that would be a mistake.

I also have in the Accounts list, Visa, Visa 2, Visa 3, and my second Visa card , Visa card 2 and Visa card 3.

So my original question should have been, can I just delete these extra accounts one at a time without damaging anything?

The answer seems obvious, but I don’t know for certain and so much is at stake.

Thank you,
    Bill
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I answered this because you put it in a Windows (not Mac) forum category.  Personally, I am not a QM user, but I will get the mods to move this to a Mac forum category so that it will become more visible to the Mac users and they should probably be able to answer your latest question.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• MyQuser4321
    MyQuser4321 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.