Morgan Stanley Wealth Management DIrect Connect error -301-A

Have not been able to get Morgan Stanley investment accounts or cash management accounts set up with Direct Connect despite multiple attempts, password resets, and over an hour on the phone with Morgan Stanley. Adding accounts keeps failing with Quicken repeatedly asking for Morgan Stanley Wealth Management password without a place to actually enter the password available. Gets stuck in a loop of "Please Enter Your Passwords." I did Morgan Stanley unable to help to date. Any help would be appreciated. Have successfully set up AMEX without issue.

Best Answer

• AdamW
    AdamW Member
    Answer ✓
    Hi Quicken_Tyka

Thank you for your response. I am running Quicken 2020 and the account setup is new. Morgan Stanley was not able to fix it on their end. I HAVE been able to solve it however with the fix being an upgrade to Windows 10, which worked immediately. I had been running Windows 7 with Quicken 2020 and it just didn't work. I'm all set. Thanks again!

AdamW

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @AdamW

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

The OL-301 error occurs when there is an issue connecting to the financial institution while using Direct Connect. The situation may ultimately require a financial institution to implement a solution.

https://www.quicken.com/support/error-when-using-online-services-ol-301

Have you tracked these accounts in Quicken previously or are you adding them to Quicken for the first time?

May I also ask that you go to Help > About Quicken and provide the year and release of Quicken that you are currently running?

Let me know!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • AdamW
    AdamW Member
    Answer ✓
    Hi Quicken_Tyka

Thank you for your response. I am running Quicken 2020 and the account setup is new. Morgan Stanley was not able to fix it on their end. I HAVE been able to solve it however with the fix being an upgrade to Windows 10, which worked immediately. I had been running Windows 7 with Quicken 2020 and it just didn't work. I'm all set. Thanks again!

AdamW
This discussion has been closed.