Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Error Syncing Budget

"The budget items for budget "current budget" were not synced.
Invalid answerValue -4,404,029,270 for parameter amount. Value must be between -1,000,000,000 and 1,000,000,000."

I only have one budget. All others were removed. I do NOT have an entry outside of the amounts listed (wish I did).

Best Answer

  • ktjones
    ktjones Member ✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    That didn't help. But a different post (after googling) directed me to validate my file (I did and found errors) until I received no errors. Then I went and looked at the historical report for my budget. I had a 2019, 2018, and 2017 year data set. 2017 had a summary for one category that was $52M. I closed the report, ran it again, and the issue was corrected. Re-ran the sync and no errors.

Answers

  • Quicken_Natalie
    Quicken_Natalie Moderator mod
    edited December 2019
    Hello ktjones,

    Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

    Please take a moment and review the information available here and post back to let us know what version and release of Quicken you are using. The more information you can provide regarding this issue will help the Community to better understand and assist.

    First, I recommend performing a reset to your Cloud data, by following these steps:
    1. Go to Edit Preferences Quicken ID, Mobile & Alerts.
    2. Click Reset your cloud data
    You may find the information outlined here and here to be helpful as well.

    If the issue persists, I suggest contacting Support for more in-depth troubleshooting. Support has access to tools and information that the Community does not have, and will work with you towards resolving this.

    Thank you,

    Quicken Natalie

     
  • ktjones
    ktjones Member ✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    That didn't help. But a different post (after googling) directed me to validate my file (I did and found errors) until I received no errors. Then I went and looked at the historical report for my budget. I had a 2019, 2018, and 2017 year data set. 2017 had a summary for one category that was $52M. I closed the report, ran it again, and the issue was corrected. Re-ran the sync and no errors.
This discussion has been closed.