Where did a strange Investing Account come from?

Options
From out of the blue, I have an Investing Account that I did not create. The name for it is ACCT_11e89. To make matters even stranger, I cannot delete when I look at Account Details for it.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Bill

I'm running Quicken - Premier, Version R23.18, Build 27.1.23.18

Best Answer

Answers

• Bill Worthington
    Options
    P.S. There is no data in the account.
  • Bill Worthington
    Options
    Great response! This allowed me to delete the mystery account and correct some corrupted data.

Bravo!!

However, I did get five messages saying "The resulting value is too big. Please enter it as more than one transaction." But it doesn't say which transactions are too big. Any thoughts? (I do have the data log following the Validate and Rebuild.)

Bill
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Do your accounts reconcile with the bank statements?
    Or do one or more of your accounts display huge, nearly undecipherable running balances, something like -92 trillion?
    Also please check for and eliminate any Placeholder transactions you might have in your account registers.

About Placeholders (Quicken Windows)

"N/A" in certain fields of an investment transaction indicates that you have Placeholder transactions in your account that need to be deleted and replaced with the correct Buy / Sell / etc. transaction that should have been recorded here.
    For more about Placeholders please go into Quicken Help (press the F1 key from anywhere in Quicken) and perform a Contents search for "placeholder".
    Alternatively or in addition to the above, read the first few articles found here: https://www.quicken.com/support/search/placeholder