Quicken Deluxe - Is there a way to spread an annual payment over the 12 months?

Options
Trying to figure out how to spread our annual insurance payment over the 12 months to make each month's expense statement comparable to other month's.

Best Answer

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Not realistically.
    The question is why?  You don't pay it monthly, why come up with some scheme that doesn't match real life.
    That is what budgets are for, you have higher expenses some months  than you do in others.  You can set the budget in Quicken to reflect those sorts of variances and then compare real life with your budget to see if you are ahead or behind.
    I guess you could consult with your insurance company and see if they will do a monthly debit to satisfy this desire, but they are probably going to charge you more.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Not realistically.
    The question is why?  You don't pay it monthly, why come up with some scheme that doesn't match real life.
    That is what budgets are for, you have higher expenses some months  than you do in others.  You can set the budget in Quicken to reflect those sorts of variances and then compare real life with your budget to see if you are ahead or behind.
    I guess you could consult with your insurance company and see if they will do a monthly debit to satisfy this desire, but they are probably going to charge you more.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• OneLessThing
    OneLessThing Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you, splasher, for the reply. I will look into the Budget feature.
  • volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You could set up a holding account (prepaid asset?)and make the payment a transfer to it.  Then each month expense it ($/12) to the actual ins category.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

This discussion has been closed.