Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO
What EoY or BoY routines do you do in Quicken?
Perhaps a bit late to start this discussion but maybe not! Here are a few of my end of year routines. What are yours?
- After all my LTCG distributions settle in mid to late December, I make sure that my Tax Planner "Projected Scenario" is copied over Scenario 1, 2 or 3. For safekeeping, I print out my projected scenario and stash it in my current year tax folder. I've had a few instances of the year changeover causing data loss.
- Walk through each and every one of my LTP assumptions and update as necessary.
- Take snapshots of the plan graph and balances for the two years that bookend my plan graph
- Watch and resolve any odd gapping ups/downs in plan balances from 12.31 to 01.01.
- Make notes of significant changes in plan assumptions
- Pull my "withdrawal rate" Quicken report and update my offline "safe withdrawal rate" spreadsheet.
- Final update on next years budget
- Review Quicken Spending tab v. Budget Spending and resolve any differences. This is a good check on any "un-budgeted" expenditures!
- File Validation
- Manual file backup on 12.31
This discussion has been closed.