web access for multiple files, access

Currently have 2017 rental property manager. 1st, I UNDERSTAND I may have to change products. I have multiple files, some personal, some not under this product. Now I have need to be able to share the non personal information and have also been sent and asked to be treasurer of a group who purchased 2019 deluxe. When trying to access their ID it wants to download but then tells me I can't have 2 versions on 1 computer. I need a solution, don't care what the answer is. Tried support and they are just ignorant to what I am asking. Hoping someone can offer assistance.

Best Answer

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @TC1997

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your question, although I apologize you haven't received a response and support was unable to persist.

Two different versions of Quicken for Windows cannot be installed one the same computer.

Both computers would need to be used on the same computer and the data file would need to be moved back and forth.

I hope this clarifies!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • TC1997
    TC1997 Member
    Why is it that NO ONE can actually answer my question. Quit telling me what I can't do and give me a solution, whether it be a different version or what. I UNDERSTAND I can't use 2 different software versions on the same computer. My ISSUE is file access control. I don't mean to be rude for God's sake am I speaking Russian or something?
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would suggest either using Quicken 2017 RPM for your personal data files as well as the group's that you're treasurer. Make sure each file has a unique name and don't sync your personal data to the cloud. When Online Services for 2017 expire on 4/3/20, you can upgrade to Quicken Subscription. I would return the Quicken 2019 Deluxe if it's in the 30 day windows.

To be honest, your posts weren't very clear about what you're trying to accomplish and I'm not even sure I supplied the correct solution. Have a little patience.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • TC1997
    TC1997 Member
    Greg, thank you! I can accept the honesty and you are definitely on the correct path of having answered my question. Additional questions, please; Can I sync their data to the cloud and they have access? How?
    As follow-up, unfortunately the 2019 Deluxe (which I am assuming is a subscription) is not within the 30 days. The group took over a month to give me access ( :( ) and I did not know until then about the issues. Between the frustration of asking numerous times I have also had issues with Quicken software multiple times in the past couple of months. With my back against the wall to get things done, my patience had worn out.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you still need to RPM features for your personal data? 

You can sync their data to the Quicken Cloud and they can access using Quicken on the Web.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • TC1997
    TC1997 Member
    Greg, once I complete and submit reports to accountant for EOY 2019 I can switch to whatever I need as that RPM feature and need will change.

Again, thank you. You have been VERY helpful.
This discussion has been closed.