How to change backup directory from cloud to laptop

I just replaced daughter's laptop and loaded Quicken on it after transferring files from old to new laptop. Quicken updated to current release and opened the file from restored My Documents\Quicken.

When I went to leave/backup, I got a no space error. It seems that she was doing her backup to the Microsoft Cloud. I went to the File->Backup & Restore->Backup a Quicken File and Change; to a the laptop drive ( I do a daily file save to an external drive). It took the change butwhen I said Save but did not change to destination directory. It is stuck on the cloud.

How do I change the backup directory?

Best Answer

Answers

• Valderi
    Valderi Quicken Canada Subscription Member ✭✭✭✭
    Go to EDIT+PREFERENCES+BACKUP
    Then, in blue on right of this window, click on "Open backup directory"
  • thecreator
    thecreator Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @John_L ,

See this FAQ: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7307115/add-your-quicken-information-to-your-posts-plus-how-you-are-connected-to-the-internet

You haven't mentioned the Quicken information, as to which Quicken you loaded.

For Windows versions, the Automatic Backups always go to the sub-folder of the Quicken Data Folder.

Manual Backups have no set folder to back up to.

To do a Manual Backup, click File > Backup and Restore > Back up Quicken File

Click Change to Change the Backup Destination. Manual Backups are usually located off the Main Hard Drive.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

This discussion has been closed.