Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

how to delete a pending transaction in quicken for Mac

I can't delete a pending transaction in quicken for Mac.

Best Answers

• lee_sf
    lee_sf Member
    Accepted Answer
    In Quicken Deluxe Mac ver. 6, select the transaction, hold the Option key, click the trash can Delete button at the bottom of the register. You'll get a fancier Delete dialog where you can force-delete the transaction.

The Accepted Answer (new account, copy/paste, delete old account) doesn't work if the account contains payments. Quicken won't let you move them.

Answers

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Please be more specific about what you mean by a pending transaction. Is this a scheduled transaction, or is it a payment instruction that has been sent to the bank? If the latter, is it a Direct Connect Bill Pay or Quicken Bill Pay?
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • A couple of months ago a partial copy of my primary check register showed up in my Quicken 2020 for Mac account, but I don't know why. I was able to delete all the transactions except the one in question. It was a scheduled transaction (this one dated 08/02/2019) instructing my bank to make monthly payments to the payee, and in the Check # column is the word "Sent."
  • RickO
    Try this: Double click the transaction, then click the Edit Details blue button:

In the pane that appears, click the Online Payment tab, then Cancel Payment:

• Nope. There is no Online Payment tab under Edit Details. I’m running Quicken Deluxe 2020 for Mac, Version 5.13.3 (Build 513.30586.100). I've attached a screenshot.
  • RickO
    I'm afraid I don't have an answer. At this point, rather than fighting with it, I think I'd just put in an offsetting transaction to make the balance right, consider it a one time glitch, and be done with it.
  • Can I backup just the accounts I want to keep, delete and reinstall Quicken, then restore the accounts I want to keep?
  • lee_sf
    lee_sf Member
    Accepted Answer
    In Quicken Deluxe Mac ver. 6, select the transaction, hold the Option key, click the trash can Delete button at the bottom of the register. You'll get a fancier Delete dialog where you can force-delete the transaction.

The Accepted Answer (new account, copy/paste, delete old account) doesn't work if the account contains payments. Quicken won't let you move them.