how to delete a pending transaction in quicken for Mac

Options
I can't delete a pending transaction in quicken for Mac.

Best Answers

• lee_sf
    lee_sf Member
    Answer ✓
    Options
    In Quicken Deluxe Mac ver. 6, select the transaction, hold the Option key, click the trash can Delete button at the bottom of the register. You'll get a fancier Delete dialog where you can force-delete the transaction.

The Accepted Answer (new account, copy/paste, delete old account) doesn't work if the account contains payments. Quicken won't let you move them.

Answers

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    Please be more specific about what you mean by a pending transaction. Is this a scheduled transaction, or is it a payment instruction that has been sent to the bank? If the latter, is it a Direct Connect Bill Pay or Quicken Bill Pay?
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • phoward2102
    Options
    A couple of months ago a partial copy of my primary check register showed up in my Quicken 2020 for Mac account, but I don't know why. I was able to delete all the transactions except the one in question. It was a scheduled transaction (this one dated 08/02/2019) instructing my bank to make monthly payments to the payee, and in the Check # column is the word "Sent."
  • RickO
    Options
    Try this: Double click the transaction, then click the Edit Details blue button:

In the pane that appears, click the Online Payment tab, then Cancel Payment:

• phoward2102
    Options
    Nope. There is no Online Payment tab under Edit Details. I’m running Quicken Deluxe 2020 for Mac, Version 5.13.3 (Build 513.30586.100). I've attached a screenshot.
  • RickO
    Options
    I'm afraid I don't have an answer. At this point, rather than fighting with it, I think I'd just put in an offsetting transaction to make the balance right, consider it a one time glitch, and be done with it.
  • phoward2102
    Options
    Can I backup just the accounts I want to keep, delete and reinstall Quicken, then restore the accounts I want to keep?
  • lee_sf
    lee_sf Member
    Answer ✓
    Options
    In Quicken Deluxe Mac ver. 6, select the transaction, hold the Option key, click the trash can Delete button at the bottom of the register. You'll get a fancier Delete dialog where you can force-delete the transaction.

The Accepted Answer (new account, copy/paste, delete old account) doesn't work if the account contains payments. Quicken won't let you move them.
  • muscofam
    muscofam Member
    Options
    Thank you, this worked perfectly. I spent 45 min with quicken support who finally said call the bank. The bank, after a very frustrating 15 minute conversation, said to call quicken. My stupidity for not coming to the community first.
This discussion has been closed.