Networth & Balances | Account Balances incorrect

I am running Quicken 27.1.23.21 having just upgraded from Quicken 2017. I have a minor problem in the Account Balances Report that has been ongoing back to at least 2017. I select the report with one investment account, Date range: earliest to date, interval: none. I get the current report that matches my account overview. Now I select interval: year. I get my account balance for each year (very nice), but the amounts for some years, but not all, are way over inflated. For instance, current. When I turn on show account detail, the inflated amount shows up in the detail as line item -Cash-. I have no cash in the account. I never have cash in the account for any length of time. As cash is accumulated (dividends, interest, etc.), it is swept into a MM fund. It is not a big deal, but a PITA as I always have to account for non-existent -Cash- in past years (in this case year end 2018, 2019, and current all the same). Any ideas?

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think what you are seeing happens when there are transactions in the account for securities that are not selected in the report or something like that. Try going to the securities tab in the report customization, click on Show (hidden Securities) and then Select all 
    QWin Premier subscription
  • todivefor
    todivefor Member ✭✭
    > @Jim_Harman said:
    > I think what you are seeing happens when there are transactions in the account for securities that are not selected in the report or something like that. Try going to the securities tab in the report customization, click on Show (hidden Securities) and then Select all 

Jim,

That is not it. Since I go from earliest it is only meaningful to have all securities selected ( including hidden).

Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.