How do I restore the option to make a payment after reconciling my credit card accounts?

Options
I used to get an option to make a payment after reconciling my credit card accounts. Is this a bug or can I restore that option. It was very convenient and kept me from forgetting to make a payment.

Best Answer

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Unfortunately, the only way to reenable the prompt for the credit card payment after a reconcile is to create a new register for the credit card or restore a data file backup you saved before you chose to no longer receive the prompt.  

To replace the original register, I suggest you first save a data file backup (press Ctrl + B).  Next, deactivate the Online Services of the original register (open the original register, press Ctrl + Shift + E, select Deactivate).  Next, create the new credit card register as a manual account (see https://www.quicken.com/support/how-do-i-enter-accounts-and-transactions-manually-quicken-windows) and move the transactions from the original register to the new register (see https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7160099/faq-how-do-i-move-transactions-between-quicken-accounts).  Next, edit any reminders (select Tools->Manage Bills & Income Reminders) or memorized payees (select Tools->Memorized Payee List) that reference the original register and delete the original register (open the original register, press Ctrl + Shift + E and select Delete Account).  You can then rename the new register (open the new register and press Ctrl + Shift + E) and setup the Online Services.  
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is this setting not under control of the user preference Alerts & Messages > Reset Quicken Warnings? I thought that was supposed to reset all the "don't ask me again" choices that were previously made.
    When I last tested this, Reset Quicken Warnings did not reenable the prompt. 
  • allancohn1
    allancohn1 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks to everyone for the quick replies to my post. Interestingly I also checked with Quicken support and the rep I chatted with said this feature is no longer available. I'm not yet accepting that as the "final answer".
    Note that this is an issue with all of my credit card accounts, so I'm not sure if the new register approach for an individual account makes sense.
    I tried the reset quicken warnings and that might work. I don't actually have any accounts to reconcile, but I tested on an unreconciled account I haven't used in several months and I did get a pop up that no payment is required. I'll provide an update the next time I have an account to reconcile.
  • allancohn1
    allancohn1 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I just reconciled a credit card account and the pop up to make a payment is back, so the reset Quicken warnings solution worked! Note that I also got another pop up that I had previously disabled. Thanks everyone!
    For anyone monitoring this from Quicken, please add this to your technical support Knowledge Base and educate your reps. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.