Since January 1, 2020 I have not been able to view transactions beyond the current day.

Options
I am having trouble with one account register in my Quicken. After I enter a transaction, I am not able to see it if it is after the current date. I enter scheduled transactions in my register approximately 1-2 months ahead of time to ensure that I don't forget them. Since the beginning of this year, I have entered these future transactions, but they do not appear in my register. They are checked off on my scheduled transactions reminders, but they have disappeared in the register. All of the other accounts are behaving normally except this one account. Nothing has changed about the account (it is just a simple checking account) and I have not had this problem before - I have been using Quicken for over 11 years. I use the subscription Quicken for Windows and receive updates every time I open the program. Any suggestions? :#

Best Answers

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Be careful at the beginning of the year you aren't typing in 2019 as the year still.  Type out the full 2020. Scroll back a year and see if they are in the wrong spot.  

Or what you can do is sort the register by Order Entered then you can see if they have the right dates, etc. on them.  To sort in Quicken 2013 or newer for Windows click on the little gear icon in the upper right of the register's header area. One of the options is Sorting Options and you can choose By Order Entered.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

Answers

• volvogirl
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Be careful at the beginning of the year you aren't typing in 2019 as the year still.  Type out the full 2020. Scroll back a year and see if they are in the wrong spot.  

Or what you can do is sort the register by Order Entered then you can see if they have the right dates, etc. on them.  To sort in Quicken 2013 or newer for Windows click on the little gear icon in the upper right of the register's header area. One of the options is Sorting Options and you can choose By Order Entered.

• debmad03
    debmad03 Member
    Options
    :) Thank you!!! I checked the dates and sorted by date entered, and lo-and-behold - there they were - in 2019. Thank you both!
  • volvogirl
    Options
    Usually it's the other way around.  Like I'm entering my December 2019 statements and expenses and have to remember to type in 2019 and not let it put Dec  2020,

This discussion has been closed.