Duplicate Transactions With T-Rowe Price

This discussion was created from comments split from: Duplicate T Rowe Price transactions coming down!.

Comments

• RioBlanco
    RioBlanco Member ✭✭✭
    Similar problem with T.Rowe Retirement transactions being downloaded using Direct Connect with Quicken for Mac, and then duplicated every time Direct Connect makes a connection. Problem began with the new year. No change in quicken version. Delete duplicates or not and then they repopulate every time a direct connection is made
  • james Franke
    james Franke Member ✭✭
    Me too.
  • ajswire
    ajswire Member ✭✭
    I am seeing the same issue. Did anyone contact T Rowe Price?
  • RioBlanco
    RioBlanco Member ✭✭✭
    Contacted T Rowe and they contacted Quicken. Appears to be a Quicken issue, which they are now aware of, and hopefully a fix is on the way
  • Mike10
    Mike10 Member ✭✭
    Me too.... still waiting...
  • RioBlanco
    RioBlanco Member ✭✭✭
    Follow up call with Quicken, and the tech felt it was T. Rowe's issue because it can be reproduced with a brand new Quicken File (not sure I follow the logic in that deduction?) Followed up with T. Rowe and they say the logs I sent them do not show a duplicate download so it must be a Quicken Issue. I have sent T. Rowe another log file, after reproducing the issue with a new Quicken File. I am awaiting their response. Till then I will synch manually once a month (when interest and dividends get reinvested, or when I make a transfer) and then manually delete the duplicates..........Frustrating!
  • jhirizarry
    jhirizarry Member ✭✭
    I'm glad to see I am not the only one with this issue. I have over 20 transactions for one deposit in my T-Rowe account. I also created a brand new file and added the account back, I got the same results.
  • james Franke
    james Franke Member ✭✭
    I got a response.

"Thank you for contacting T. Rowe Price Technical Support.

Unfortunately, Quicken for Mac is not currently compatible with T. Rowe Price accounts except for Brokerage accounts. Please note that Quicken for Mac is a product still under development, and additional features might become available in the future."

Maybe Quicken and Rowe need to talk to each other - especially about being "under development".
  • RioBlanco
    RioBlanco Member ✭✭✭
    Resolved? I synched the accounts today fully expecting to have to delete the duplicates, but none were seen. Just the correct reinvestment activity. I will leave the synchronization on, and see if the reinvestment activity starts to duplicate. Fingers crossed
  • jhirizarry
    jhirizarry Member ✭✭
    Yes!! I just synced my account back up and it worked!! Thank you!!!!
  • james Franke
    james Franke Member ✭✭
    No. Got duplicates this morning. Premier 2020 Mac.
  • jvilim2
    jvilim2 Member
    Duplicates are occurring only for my BUY orders - I found a temporary workaround to update the date set in the account's Settings -> Troubleshooting -> "Download transactions starting" and save, but it has to be done before every update.
  • jhirizarry
    jhirizarry Member ✭✭
    Well... I was hopeful, but the duplicates are back! It started again with deposits in my account on 2/27. There are about 30 transactions when there should only be 3. All the prior deposits are not duplicates anymore. I do no understand how and why this is happening, but it is very frustrating to have it work for a few weeks, then stop.
  • jhirizarry
    jhirizarry Member ✭✭
    I did follow jvilim2's suggestion and think this is why only transactions for 2/27 were duplicated. I set the "Download transactions starting" date to 2/27. This preserved all the transactions before 2/27 but does not fix any going forward. Transactions will all be duplicated until the root cause of this issue is resolved.
  • james Franke
    james Franke Member ✭✭
    The incoming Buy transactions continue to duplicate. BUT Reinvest Interest transaction hasn't.
  • tdjoren
    tdjoren Member ✭✭
    Is this now magically working? No dupes for a few days. Maybe since the last update.
  • jhirizarry
    jhirizarry Member ✭✭
    I wish! I still get 30+ duplicate transactions every time I update the account and there are new deposits.
This discussion has been closed.