What Happened to support for Midas Funds?

I see that download support for Midas funds ended without fanfare sometime around 4/2017. I have searched with no success for information on this. Anyone have a way to resume this useful feature?
Thanks for any help you can offer.

Best Answer

Answers

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    What version of Quicken for Mac are you using?

Midas Funds will allow for correct price history downloading
  • Clifford Egel
    Clifford Egel Member ✭✭
    Thank you for responding!
    I am using Quicken Mac 2017 Version 4.8.6
    The downloads worked fine until the above date, then inexplicably stopped.
  • John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Thanks. That version of Quicken is still supported to download for another few months.

You didn't note if you are having problems downloading the price histories (MIDSX or MISEX) mutual funds-those still both download correctly.

Or, do you have an account with Midas (where it acts as the financial institution) In searching for that, it doesn't appear that they currently support downloading to Quicken for Mac. If that is what you are attempting, you will have to manually enter transactions for the account.
  • Clifford Egel
    Clifford Egel Member ✭✭
    John- Thank you for your assistance!

I note that the price histories are still downloading.

But I have the following note entered on the account:
    5/9/17- Midas no longer on Quicken transaction download list. 1/17/2020: Midas still not on list. Quicken will not download transactions.

I'm not clear why the transaction download function was terminated or at which end, but it apparently happened without any notice. I wonder if any subsequent Quicken versions still have the capability.

Best regards,
    Cliff
This discussion has been closed.