How do I retrieve my data

edhayes
edhayes Member
When I started Quicken there was an automatic update of the appliocation I assyme. When it finished the screen went blanck. Restarting Quicken resulted in being greeted as a new user, no access to my existing data. Help Quicken mobile on my Iphone appeares to be working, so hopfully my data is still all in the cloud.
Tagged:

Best Answers

• edhayes
    edhayes Member
    Answer ✓
    I had updated a very old version of Quicken which required importing a backup file from a thumb drive. I recently removed that thumb drive. Restoring the thumb drive solved my problem. Now I need to figure out how to get Quicken to save my data on the C;/ drive so I will not encounter this problem again.

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You mobile device does NOT hold a complete copy of your Q data file ... initially it only holds up to 2 year's worth.
    SO, unless you separately backed up to dropbox, or such, your data can't be restored from the cloud.
    Next, have you tried doing a Windows search for files ending in .QDF (Q data files) or .QDF-backup (your backup files).
    If you find a QDF file (or several) double click on it to start Q using that data file.
    OR, if a QDF-backup file, double click on it to start a RESTORE of that data file to become your Q Data File.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• edhayes
    edhayes Member
    Answer ✓
    I had updated a very old version of Quicken which required importing a backup file from a thumb drive. I recently removed that thumb drive. Restoring the thumb drive solved my problem. Now I need to figure out how to get Quicken to save my data on the C;/ drive so I will not encounter this problem again.
This discussion has been closed.