Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Can I migrate my account from Quicken 2017 H&B to Quicken Starter?

Simple as the title suggests. I primarily use Quicken for banking and don't need online bill pay services, although I do have investment accounts linked.
Are the Quicken 17 files going to import into Starter?

Best Answer

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Accepted Answer
    Actually, your investment account WILL come over ... but you won't be able to do anything with them.  No downloads, No reports, No manual entry.
    If you decide to go your suggested route, I'd make a copy of my existing file, and then see what happens when you remove the Investment accounts from it.
    Starter, IIRC, ONLY supports banking and credit card accounts. No other asset or loan types.
    AND, if your subscription to Starter ever expires ... the whole data file becomes Read Only.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

Answers

• NotACPA
    Q Starter Edition doesn't support Investment accounts ... but Q Deluxe will.

• Thanks.
    If I eliminate the investment accounts, can I migrate to Starter with just my banking accounts?
  • NotACPA
    Accepted Answer
    Actually, your investment account WILL come over ... but you won't be able to do anything with them.  No downloads, No reports, No manual entry.
    If you decide to go your suggested route, I'd make a copy of my existing file, and then see what happens when you remove the Investment accounts from it.
    Starter, IIRC, ONLY supports banking and credit card accounts. No other asset or loan types.
    AND, if your subscription to Starter ever expires ... the whole data file becomes Read Only.
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    I have a copy of Starter Edition that I test with.  I can confirm that when you move that H&B file to SE, all of the accounts will convert and you will be able to view them.
    ONLY banking, credit card and cash accounts are supported in SE, all the rest of the accounts will be READ-ONLY.
    Oh, and the big kicker, "AND, if your subscription to Starter ever expires ... the whole data file becomes Read Only."

-splasher  using Q since 1996 -  Subscription  -  Win10
    -also older versions as needed for testing
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • Thanks splasher. That tells me everything I need to know.
This discussion has been closed.