PNC Direct connect with PNC

PNC offers direct or web connect for Quicken on Mac. I have enrolled for Direct, changed my PIN, can sign on and link an account. when I attempt to sync is shows an error with bad URL. If I use Web connect I don't have those issues but the functionality is limited in not being able to use bill pay or transfer. Anyone familiar with this issue and how to resolve? Quicken seems to revert back to Wed connect when I look at account settings even though I changed it and successfully linked.

Best Answer

Answers

• GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    My experience is with PNC and Qwin, but your issue may be the same. PNC uses a different login for Quicken than your browser credentials.
  • PepperMTB
    PepperMTB Member ✭✭
    So what login should be used for Direct connect? What confuses me is that I can sign in with the direct connect credentials but it will QMAC will not sync beyond that?
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your experience may be different, but my login for PNC Direct Connect is my SS#. This was assigned by PNC tech support.
  • PepperMTB
    PepperMTB Member ✭✭
    That is correct. And that is what I enter. It accepts those credentials and provides me with an account to which to link and then shows what, if any, transactions have been downloaded. However,, subsequent attempt to sync result in the error.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @PepperMTB

Thank you for providing more details, although I apologize that you haven't received a follow-up response.

Are you still experiencing this error?

If so, are you ever presented with an error code number or any other details?

Please let me know!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • PepperMTB
    PepperMTB Member ✭✭
    The error is a statement that the URL is invalid. PNC allows Quicken to sign in and link accounts but subsequent attempts are met with that error. Web connect works without issue. I'm not understanding what features or value comes with PNCs direct connect since I cannot seem to move beyond this issue.
This discussion has been closed.