Home Quicken for Windows Paying Bills, Online Billers & Reminders (Windows)

Why is Split Transfer Bill Reminders not supported in Quicken 2020

In earlier versions of Quicken there was a method to Create a Split Transfer Reminder from my bank account. How can a Split Transfer Reminder be setup in Quicken 2020?

Best Answer

Answers

• BoatnmaniacBoatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    I've never used Transfer reminders before myself so I can't really comment on that.  But I do successfully set up split transfer reminders by setting up Bill and Income reminders.  Bill and Income reminders give you the ability to enter split categories/transfers.
    (QW Premier Subscription: R29.12 on Windows 10)
  • apodsimapodsim Member ✭✭
    Bill and Income Reminders does not allow split transfers. Only To and From account is shown in 2020. This no different than adding a reminder from the Tools menu. What version are you using as 2020 Ver. R24/14 does not have this option.
  • apodsimapodsim Member ✭✭
    The transaction is a Bill Payment with Two account categories setup to take advantage of 6, 12 or 24 month differed interest. Using the procedure you clearly defined, worked with the key being selection of a "Manual" reminder. After creating the split payment transaction when I try to "Link to reminder" for a On-line bill to the newly created split transaction and it was not listed. I had to use the On-line bill/Create a new Reminder/Add category to complete the link. I do not remember seeing the category option when I last created a reminder linked to a On-line bill. Perhaps creating a manual bill reminder made the change in Quicken.

Thanks for the direction. :) :)
  • BoatnmaniacBoatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Great!  I should have included the Online Bill reminder as an option but since I didn't I'm glad you figured that out for yourself.
    (QW Premier Subscription: R29.12 on Windows 10)