Realized Gains Not Showing Consistently

So I sold a stock last April 2019 for a realized capital gain but this gain doesn't show up consistently even though I am viewing portfolio view period which includes last April.

If I specify a 3-yr viewing period and 'price holdings as of' 2/9/2020, it doesn't show it under realized gains but if I choose 12/31/2019, it then shows up.

Maybe I'm not understanding something?
Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @jsurpless

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

I have a few questions to help me understand what could be happening.

First, may I ask that you navigate to Quicken > About Quicken and provide the release that you are currently running.

May, I ask what transaction "Type" is being used on this transaction.

Have you checked for placeholder transactions? Placeholders will appear at the beginning of the account, (oldest transactions) they will be light grey.

If you do see, placeholders please go to File > Save a Backup and then proceed with the steps available "here".

Please let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • jsurpless
    jsurpless Member ✭✭
    Hi Tyka

I'm using v5.14.3

The transaction type for this was SELL and there don't appear to be any placeholder transactions in the account

Thanks
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @jsurpless

Thank you for providing additional details, although I apologize for the delay in response.

At this time I would recommend contacting support directly for advanced troubleshooting steps.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Quicken Care has the ability to initiate a screen share session to be able to view the issue and investigate further. 

Thank you,

~~~***~~~
  • J_Mike
    J_Mike SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    jsurpless said:
    So I sold a stock last April 2019 for a realized capital gain but this gain doesn't show up consistently even though I am viewing portfolio view period which includes last April.

If I specify a 3-yr viewing period and 'price holdings as of' 2/9/2020, it doesn't show it under realized gains but if I choose 12/31/2019, it then shows up.

Maybe I'm not understanding something?

Have done some tinkering with the Realized Gains view.
    My conclusion is that it shows YTD gains for the calendar year of the specified date.

For your example -  a Sell in April, 2019.
    Any date in 2019 (after the Sell dare) and up to 12/31/2019, will show the gains.
    Increment the date to 1/1/2020 and the gains disappear.

Set the date to 12/31/2018 and you see the gains for calendar year 2018 - and so on for any year desired.
    QWin & QMac (Deluxe) Subscription
    Quicken user since 1991

This discussion has been closed.