How do I ward off an update?

This discussion was created from comments split from: Quicken for Mac v5.14 Released.

Comments

• smali
    smali Member ✭✭✭
    How do I get Quicken to stop asking me to update to 5.14.x?

I want to wait until the memos are included in quick fill and I am tired of being asked to update every time I open Quicken.

How about a "skip this version" or "don't ask again for a week/month" checkbox instead of just "Remind Me Later"?

I'm tired of having to click and then confirm "Remind Me Later" every single time I want to just check something in my Quicken file real fast, which I sometimes do many times each day.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited February 2020
    smali said:
    How do I get Quicken to stop asking me to update to 5.14.x?
    @smali There is currently no way to set the update reminder for a future date or version; you have to click to skip the update each time. I think your suggestions are good, but they don't exist. You might want to start a new thread with that idea request so people can upvote it, but in any case, there's no short-term alternative. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • lhossus
    lhossus SuperUser, Mac Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    smali said:
    ... I'm tired of having to click and then confirm "Remind Me Later" every single time I want to just check something in my Quicken file real fast, which I sometimes do many times each day.
    You could keep Quicken running all day instead of quitting and then launching it again later. I do it this way, quitting it only in the evening when I do backups.

You may still see an occasional update reminder so this is not a perfect solution
    Quicken Mac Subscription • macOS Monterey 12.6 on MacBook Pro 13" M1
  • Garry@
    Garry@ Member ✭✭✭✭
    > @smali said:
    >
    > I'm tired of having to click and then confirm "Remind Me Later" every single time I want to just check something in my Quicken file real fast, which I sometimes do many times each day.

You could get an outgoing firewall type tool such as LittleSnitch which would catch all attempts to reach downloads.quicken.com and so stop the update checks. That would stop the reminders. Works for me.

Quicken 7.3.2 in macOS 14.1.1, on Mac Studio Max 24c. Quicken for Mac user since 1997.

• Concordman
    Concordman Mac Beta Beta
    If the notes/memo is all that is limiting you from upgrading you can select the appropriate Quick fill items in question & simply add the notes you require.
This discussion has been closed.