Activation Errors

Been using Quicken forever. At the end of my first 2-year subscription (12 more days). Bought a new Activation key and tried to use it. I go through the Help->Enter Activation Code process, and after clicking the "activate" button, it just says that an error occured and to log in again. Tried multiple times over the past couple of hours. When I try to access Help->check membership status, it returns that it can't contact the Quicken server. I can login to my Quicken.com account on the web, so I do know the username and password. This is very frustrating. Is it likely just a Quicken server problem?

Best Answer

Answers

• thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Sherlock ,

The instructions are wrong for the Subscription program.

Open Quicken.
    Click Edit.
    Click Preferences.
    Click Quicken ID, Sync & Alerts

Click Sign in as a different user.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Hi @Sherlock ,

The instructions are wrong for the Subscription program.

Open Quicken.
    Click Edit.
    Click Preferences.
    Click Quicken ID, Sync & Alerts

Click Sign in as a different user.

I don't see the difference.  They're a cut and paste directly from a current Quicken Support page.  Your version of the instructions appears to be incomplete.
  • mdbrandy
    mdbrandy Member ✭✭
    Signing out and back in did the trick. I had seen that page in preferences, but since the login ID was correct, I didn't think I needed to do anything. But apparently the credentials had gotten messed up, so re-logging in did it. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.