Portfolio View shows more in lots than what is owned

In Portfolio View I have a stock that I have bought and sold through the yerars. Portfolio View shows the correct number of shares owned but shows a loss when there should not be one. The problem is that lots show 450 shares more than I own and reports those extra shares in two purchases going back 9 & 13 years. The shares in those two purchases have long ago been sold. I can go back to the entries and see that the shares were sold and were properly allocated to the purchased lots at the time. I have tried re-entering the transactions and have run Validate and Repair. I cannot figure any way to remove these 450 shares from the Portfolio View.

Comments

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Hello @rbarter49

Thank you for taking the time to visit the community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

If you haven't done so already, I would start by looking for placeholder transactions in the register, more information can be located here.

If this issue is not due to a placeholder, I would recommend contacting support directly, as they have the ability to initiate a screen share session to view the problem and help locate the issue.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would go through the rest of the sales and make sure those lot specifications are showing properly.  

When you ran the validate and repair, did you first copy the file and validate the copy?  And did you choose the Rebuild Lots option with that validate?  Both those would be in my suggested course of action.
This discussion has been closed.