why do my weekly transfers not enter automatically and want to ignore all instead?

transfer from one account to another
Year 2020
Version R25.10
Build 27.1.25.10

Best Answer

Answers

• Hello @bestdad06,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and post your issue, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

The Community may need a bit more information to be able to assist you further. Please take a moment to review the information available here and post back to let us know some more details on what specifically is occurring in Quicken.

The more information you can provide regarding this issue will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you,

Quicken Natalie

• Dan
    Dan Member ✭✭✭
    I am having the same issue. I have a transfer every Tuesday that should be entered 3 days prior. Instead, it is "overdue". I need to edit it, turn it to manual and then "Enter" it. If I switch it back to automatic, it will again, not automatically be entered. The odd part is it is not all of them. I have another monthly one that gets entered just fine. I have tried deleting and recreating the transfer reminder and it still fails to enter automaticall.

Windows Pro 64-bit 18363.657
    Quicken Deuluxe R25.18 (27.1.25.18)
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

If you haven't rebooted Windows since you installed the latest software update, please do so now and then try Quicken again.

Still not working?

Let's try some "Troubleshooting 101" to ensure the Quicken software is installed and updated properly and that your data file is in good working order.
    Please perform all the steps in this document:
    Troubleshooting 101 - Fixing Software Installation and Data File Problems

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dan said:
    I need to edit it, turn it to manual and then "Enter" it.
    I don't have the answer to your underlying problem, but you can enter an Auto transaction without changing it to manual. It's hidden in plain sight as the Enter menu item.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Dan
    Dan Member ✭✭✭
    I never go into that separate window for Bill and Income Reminders, so I had never seen that.

Thanks,
    Dan
  • Dan
    Dan Member ✭✭✭
    I tried the suggestions on my data file and the automatic transfer is not being recorded. It is showing as automatic and overdue, which should never happen.
  • Dan
    Dan Member ✭✭✭
    Well, it looks like I must have done something wrong. So, I tried the steps again, and it resolved my issue (at least it appears so). It did, however, create 1200 reminders with no due date, so I had to delete all of them manually. Luckily, I figured out how to do it via the keyboard so I could write a powershell to do it automatically. Thanks again for the help!
This discussion has been closed.