How to print "single" checks on newer HP all-in-one printers

Options
trk
trk Member ✭✭
edited February 2020 in Reports (Windows)
I have been using HP printers with Quicken to print "3 checks on a page" either three checks, two checks or one check. Load the check blank sheet, either three, two or one into the printer in portrait mode and hit Print. My HP 7520 finally quit, so, now I've been through an HP 7855 and an HP 9015 and neither would print the single check in the portrait mode. Had to use center feed and change the settings in Quicken to get it to work. Is anyone using a newer HP all-in-one to print that single check (4"x8.5") in portrait mode? Thnx!
p.s. Probably not the correct category.
Tagged:

Answers

• Quicken_Natalie
    Options
    Hello @trk,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and post your issue, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

It seems that the Community may need a bit more information to be able to assist you further. Please take a moment to review the information available here and post back to let us know what version/release of Quicken you're using.

The more information you can provide regarding this issue will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you,

Quicken Natalie

• trk
    trk Member ✭✭
    Options
    Quicken Deluxe
    Version: R25.21
    Build: 27.1.25.21
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If you can't resolve the error issue, you can use form leaders to feed your printer with a proper 8.5x11 sheet while printing a partial 1- or 2-checks page in normal portrait orientation.

See https://intuitmarket.intuit.com/fsg/businesschecks/formleaders.aspx for an example of form leaders. Check your local office supply store, search on the Internet or order from Intuit.

My 2cents' worth:
    I use Voucher checks (1 business size check + 2 stubs on an 8.5x11 sheet). My printers do not have a manual feed tray or 2nd paper tray that can easily be reconfigured to feed partial pages (1 or 2 checks left from a 3-checks-per-page sheet), so for my occasional check printing needs voucher checks are easiest to use.
    When considering your own check stock to use, consider how easy or difficult it is to feed special forms or odd-size partial pages into your printer when making a purchase decision for a new supply of checks.

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Regarding "form leaders", back when I printed checks, I was able to mimic the form leader function with "Post-it" type tape attaching the single or double check to a normal 8.5x11 sheet of paper.  That still fed through my printer OK.   
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Options
    The original post fills me with dread. I love my trusty old HP 8600 OfficeJet and it handles single wallet checks perfectly.
    I completely understand the workarounds, but I don't like them. When my 8600 finally dies, I want to replace it with a printer that handles single checks, just as @trk does.
    Looking at the HP store printer specs, I was hoping that "Automatic paper sensor: No" meant the printer wouldn't reject nonstandard paper sizes, but I see the 9015 has that spec but doesn't handle single checks according to @trk.
    The question now is: which (if any) all-in-one printers gracefully handle single checks? Doesn't have to be HP as far as I'm concerned. If anyone knows of one, I'd like to learn about it. Must also have 2 paper trays (so one can hold check stock) and auto-duplexing on both input and output like my 8600. Anyone?

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• francisdavidmoore
    Options
    My Canon Pixma MX922 prints single checks very well.
This discussion has been closed.