Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Transaction Sync Error

I have been using Quicken Deluxe 2020, Version 5.14.3 on my Mac with no issues. Recently I added the Quicken app to my phone. I was able to activate the account, but now every time I sync my accounts I get 5 Transaction Sync Errors.

They are all for a credit card account and they all occur in a two month span in 2017. I actually pulled up the statements on my credit card website to make sure the transactions were correct. They are.

For the record, I do NOT sync my credit card account. I've had too many issues. I sync my other accounts and enter transactions manually for the credit card. Based on the fact these 5 transactions have a green check mark instead of a blue one, I was probably syncing automatically back in 2017.

I attempted to delete these transactions and enter them again trying to problem solve, putting a check in the box that the transactions is reconciled (it is now a blue check). I continue to get the same 5 Transaction Sync Errors.

If I turn off Mobile Web and Alerts the situation would be resolved, but I would prefer not to do that.

Best Answer

Answers

  • Oscar101
    Oscar101 Member ✭✭
    It is possible to clear your cloud data and start over clean (after fixing your flaky transactions) but I don't remember the procedure. It is definitely possible to do this without killing your desktop database. My recollection is that the helpful people in Quicken support pointed me to a (now forgotten) KN article.
  • dogsnbeaches
    dogsnbeaches Member ✭✭
    But, there's nothing to be fixed on my "flaky transactions". I confirmed by looking at my bank statement that the amounts are correct.
  • dogsnbeaches
    dogsnbeaches Member ✭✭
    Resetting the sync worked! My directions were a little different, so I've included a screenshot for someone that might have my version.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Resetting the sync worked! My directions were a little different, so I've included a screenshot for someone that might have my version.

    Oops, sorry. I think I need new glasses ...
    I missed the fact that you are a Mac user and not a Windows user.
    Glad to hear that you were able to resolve your issue.
This discussion has been closed.