I cannot print my invoices

I just upgraded to Windows 10 and also the newest Quicken and still cannot print invoices. I just keep getting a page that has the top part of a blank invoice printed multiple times on the page. Never had this until I upgraded.
Tagged:

Best Answer

• sdegutes
    sdegutes Member
    Answer ✓
    Had to delete and reinstall my printer and that seems to have solved the problem. Thank you.

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could that be it?

Nothing Happens When Printing Invoices:

If your customized invoice contains a company logo, see
    https://www.quicken.com/support/nothing-happens-when-printing-invoices

• sdegutes
    sdegutes Member
    Do not have a company logo. Just plain old typing.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Firing a couple of shots into the dark ...

If you haven't rebooted Windows since you installed the latest software update, please do so now and then try Quicken again.

Still not working?

Let's try some "Troubleshooting 101" to ensure the Quicken software is installed and updated properly and that your data file is in good working order.
    Please perform all the steps in this document:
    Troubleshooting 101 - Fixing Software Installation and Data File Problems

Now go into the Invoice Forms Designer. Review that a proper invoice form exists. Customize it to your needs and save it under a new name, e.g. MyInvoice. When printing an invoice from the invoice data entry dialog select the new invoice name (upper right hand corner of the invoice data entry dialog)
  • sdegutes
    sdegutes Member
    Have done everything you suggested. No luck. The invoice prints as a blank invoice with the top 1/3 of the invoice being repeated down the rest of the page. Becoming very frustrated with the customer support from this company. Have never had a problem until I upgraded to Windows 10 and also Quicken 2020. Am getting nowhere.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you try the Microsoft Print to PDF printer?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • sdegutes
    sdegutes Member
    tried that as well and it did not print the pdf.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you print outside of Quicken?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • sdegutes
    sdegutes Member
    Yes, all else prints just fine.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Can you please capture an image of the misprinted invoice, sensitive information blacked out as necessary to protect your privacy but annotated to describe the situation, and attach the image(s) here?
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7867159/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-windows#latest

• sdegutes
    sdegutes Member
    I cannot take a screenshot as it looks fine on the print preview. It's what is printed that is all off. I have tried to paste a copy of it here but I don't see it.
  • sdegutes
    sdegutes Member
    I tried to send a photo to you via email, but it bounced back to me as undeliverable.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

You should be able to drag and drop or copy and paste the photo into a new response on this webpage. Unfortunately, you cannot respond directly to this discussion via email.

Also please try this.

How to Repair Printer Setup:

Try resetting your printer definitions in Quicken and then redefine the printer:

For Quicken for Windows versions 2009 and older:

• Close Quicken
    • Use Windows File Explorer to locate and rename the file
      C:\Users\_username_\AppData\Roaming\Intuit\Quicken\Config\WPR.DAT to WPR.OLD
    • Now set up your printer again, as described below. The WPR.DAT file will be recreated next time you start Quicken.

For Quicken for Windows 2010 and newer:

• Click File / File Operations / Validate and Repair. Click "Reset Quicken Printer Settings", then click OK.
    • Now set up your printer (see below)

Printer Setup (all versions):

• Close and restart Quicken (might not be necessary, but it can't hurt)
    • In Quicken click File / Printer Setup / For Printing  and visit all selections as needed
      (a) for Reports,
      (b) for Checks,
      (c) for Invoices [Quicken H&B, RPM users only]
      and define your printer.

If you're printing checks, do not forget to select the correct check style.

• For 3-per-page personal size checks choose "Wallet Checks (Check 21 ...)", not "Wallet Checks" (unless you still use some very old stock from many years ago)
    • For 3-per-page business size checks choose "Standard Checks", not "Voucher Checks".
    • For 1-per-page business size checks with 2 stubs choose "Voucher Checks".
    • Canadian users need to choose between 2 layout styles, e.g., old style "Voucher" vs. new style "Voucher - Image ready".

(Optional) If you are printing a logo (image) on your checks, click the Logo button and make sure that your logo image file is still where Quicken expects it to be.
    Also choose the proper features for printing partial pages when using 3-per-page stock.
    Users of continuous forms on dot matrix printers: Be sure to select "Continuous Forms" instead of "Page-oriented".

Make sure that at least one of your printers is marked as Windows Default Printer ... doesn't have to be the one you want to use with Quicken, but you need at least one marked Default Printer

In some of the newer versions of Windows 10 you may also need to do this:
    Go into Windows Settings or Control Panel, Printers & Scanners.
    Uncheck "Let Windows manage my default printer".

• sdegutes
    sdegutes Member
    Trying to copy the photo into this post but it keeps telling me that the upload failed. It's a jpg file. Have tried all of your suggestions above and still no success.
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @sdegutes

I'm sorry to hear that issues are persisting and thank you for attempting the recommend troubleshooting steps.

If you haven't already, I would recommend contacting Quicken Support for additional assistance and troubleshooting.  Support has the ability to share your screen and see what is happening to troubleshoot in real time.

Please let us know how it goes with Support, thank you.

Sarah
  • sdegutes
    sdegutes Member
    Answer ✓
    Had to delete and reinstall my printer and that seems to have solved the problem. Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.