Credit Card Payments not matching again (still?) in 5.15.1

Options
toddsymonds
toddsymonds Member ✭✭
Help! I've got to be doing something wrong in how I link transactions. For example, I have a checking account and I pay a credit card. I download transactions. In the "past" Quicken was pretty proactive in matching using transfers. Now it seems like it only matches if everything is exact. If things aren't exact I get double payments and withdrawals in accounts (one set from each download source)

I think I see that "Quickfill" contributing, because it appears to be memorizing (likely due to me making a Quickfill without understanding how it works) both a category and a transfer - for example, I use a category called "Credit Card Payment" and transfer to specific credit card accounts (i.e. [card001]. I am now ending up with Quickfill matching credit card payments across credit card accounts (i.e. a Card001 payment matches to an various other credit card accounts (apparently because they have the same payee (i.e. CITI AUTO PAYMENT) and not my bank account.

I've searched for how to delete quickfill actions and I'm not finding it quicken help...

HELP!!!

Comments

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @toddsymonds

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response. 

The Quickfill rules can be located under Window > Payees & Rules.

Then select "QuickFill Rules."

Be sure to go to File > Save a Backup prior to making any changes in case you need to go back to where you started.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.