Error migrating from Quicken 2015 to Catalina

Mac got converted from Mojave to Catalina and Quicken could not migrate files, including 5 years of history. Looking at how to recover my Mac from Catalina to Mojave so that Quicken will start working again.

I am very disappointed with both Quicken and Apple that they cannot solve this problem. Very POOR customer service.

Comments

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Quicken 2015 will run under Catalina. No data migration needs to take place, so it sounds like a problem with your Catalina install if the program is not running correctly. (You haven't indicated what your problem(s) are.)

Keep in mind that reverting your Mac to Mojave is beyond the scope of this user forum.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Also, in case you weren't aware, Quicken 2015 became unsupported software two years ago. That doesn't mean you can't continue to use it, but it's a "use at your own risk" kind of thing. It's your call if you choose not to upgrade to supported software (in Quicken's case released over the past 3+ years), but if you don't, it seems a little off-target to blame Quicken for poor support.

What problem did you experience that it "could not migrate files"?

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • holmrick
    holmrick Member
    The Quicken data migration just crashed. It just seems unfair that there is no alternative to resolve the problem, except for recovering the Mac back to Mojave and then restore from backup. I understand that Quicken 2015 has been out of support for 2 years but it still seems like Quicken should have maintained some method for resolving the crash.
This discussion has been closed.