Entering year-to-date paycheck info

Exactly where in Quicken can year-to-date paycheck information (from W2) be entered for 2019? Or has that option been eliminated?

So, in many places in the Quicken Help files, Quicken indicates that year-to-date paycheck information can be added at ANYTIME in the year (including after the year is over). However, the references to WHERE this can be done are vague, other than to indicate Tax Planner. I was just given an article by Quicken support (gen86429) that again indicates it's possible; however, again, vague as to where this can be done! To further frustrate the issue, the very last link on this article's webpage, which seems to indicate it will take you to the page about where to add year-to-date, is broken! As are some of the other links. Grrrrrrr

Best Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    To enter your paychecks, I suggest using a paycheck income reminder: press Ctrl + J, select Add > Income Reminder and Paycheck Setup wizard

To use W2 amounts in the Tax Planner, select the Planning tab, Tax Center view, and Show Tax Planner.  You may then enter the W2 amounts for your wages and withholdings to override the amounts obtained from the registers and reminders.
  • DR806
    DR806 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Okay, I think I figured this out. In Tax Planner>Wages, simply add Box 1 of W2 as "User Entered" in Details. Then, in Tax Planner>Withholding (further down the left column), simply add Box 2 of W2 as "User Entered" in Details.

Be cognizant of where the amounts are entered into the data sheets above the details. In my case, I had nothing in Withholding since my 2019 transactions were all for net pay only.

Now, why can Quicken Help not state this clearly? And furthermore, why is Quicken Support not able to answer this question? Especially after putting me on hold for 15 minutes???

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    To enter your paychecks, I suggest using a paycheck income reminder: press Ctrl + J, select Add > Income Reminder and Paycheck Setup wizard

To use W2 amounts in the Tax Planner, select the Planning tab, Tax Center view, and Show Tax Planner.  You may then enter the W2 amounts for your wages and withholdings to override the amounts obtained from the registers and reminders.
  • DR806
    DR806 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Okay, I think I figured this out. In Tax Planner>Wages, simply add Box 1 of W2 as "User Entered" in Details. Then, in Tax Planner>Withholding (further down the left column), simply add Box 2 of W2 as "User Entered" in Details.

Be cognizant of where the amounts are entered into the data sheets above the details. In my case, I had nothing in Withholding since my 2019 transactions were all for net pay only.

Now, why can Quicken Help not state this clearly? And furthermore, why is Quicken Support not able to answer this question? Especially after putting me on hold for 15 minutes???
This discussion has been closed.