Upgrade announcements come when I have an account that is good until 2021

Options
FrankYoung
FrankYoung Member ✭✭
My Quicken subscription is good until 2021. Over the past year I have received many announcements that my Quicken was expiring and that I must renew at a special price - 40% off. I clicked on one of these announcements. Surprise: I was told that I should not renew because I had a valid subscription (I already knew that ). Now I am again getting more notices that my Quicken will expire soon. My subscription is still valid through 2021. What is going on? These announcements are annoying and do not apply to me. There does not seem to be any effective way to turn them off (I have tried!!).

Best Answers

• FrankYoung
    FrankYoung Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    That solved the problem. It appears that the instructions for renewals could be interpreted as if they were upgrades and I probably did so. If you do that, then the Quicken system only looks at the "version" and ignores the "expiration". Basic software rule - when you have related but not identical data items, then ALWAYS check for possible inconsistencies before making any decision as to the correct action to perform.

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is it possible that you have two Quicken IDs, one for an old Quicken version and another one for the current subscription version?
    In Quicken, click Help / About Quicken. What does it say about your membership status?
  • FrankYoung
    FrankYoung Member ✭✭
    Options
    No, I have one Quicken ID. It must be something else.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No, I have one Quicken ID. It must be something else.

You didn't answer @UKR's 2nd question.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• FrankYoung
    FrankYoung Member ✭✭
    Options
    Quicken Premier Active
    Auto-renew: On
    Renews on: Jan 02, 2021
    Why am I getting notices about losing the ability to download transactions in April of this year?
    Why did I previously get many offers to upgrade when I was ineligible for an upgrade because I had a subscription that was valid through 2021?
  • FrankYoung
    FrankYoung Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    That solved the problem. It appears that the instructions for renewals could be interpreted as if they were upgrades and I probably did so. If you do that, then the Quicken system only looks at the "version" and ignores the "expiration". Basic software rule - when you have related but not identical data items, then ALWAYS check for possible inconsistencies before making any decision as to the correct action to perform.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    just to clarify - what WAS the numeric Version and Build you were using ?
    AND.... what does it show now ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.