Why can't I reconcile investment tranactions to more that 4 digits after decimal?

dpjenkins23
dpjenkins23 Member ✭✭
I can enter other investment transactions to 6 digits after decimal. When I try to adjust a stock balance that is .000037 shares off from statement, Q won't let me do it, instead telling me no adjustment required. I am trying to zero out an account from which I transferred everything, but [removed - profanity] Q does everything it possible can to make it difficult or impossible. I had no trouble adjusting share balance off by .0001** (3 digits past decimal). [removed-disruptive]

Best Answer

Answers

• dpjenkins23
    dpjenkins23 Member ✭✭
    This image did not come thru on the email I received, and I just looked at it now. Of course, in the action box in the register, the sell option does not appear in the drop-down list. So I used the sold action, specified the # of shares and shares zeroed out as they were supposed to, with no residual shortage or left over. Thanks for your help anyway.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @dpjenkins23,

Okay so you are saying that it didn't work?  Maybe I wasn't clear enough...

Did you first delete the entry that you made initially (the one that didn't work) and then re-do the sales transaction using the directions I provided?

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's a possible bug in Q that has to do with having the 1st four digits to the right of the decimal being 0 ... followed by something else.
    You might have come across another example.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• dpjenkins23
    dpjenkins23 Member ✭✭
    I'm sure you method would have worked if I had seen your screenshot, which did not display in my email, only online here. I didn't read it here until after I used a different workaround.
This discussion has been closed.