Quicken Mac not saving changes

Cynthia J Hoffman
Cynthia J Hoffman Member ✭✭
Updated to Version 5.15.2 (Build 515.33015.100), running macOS 10.15.3.

This is not a new problem, but has continued to occur over the last week or so. Whenever I update a transaction--even some that are cleared--they do not STAY updated. The distributions and even the values (I changed some entries from + to -) don't save. I have changed one of my accounts twice now, and even closed the program after, thinking that might actually SAVE the data. It didn't.

I also have the date issue where I am now having to actually enter a date, as the calendar starts at Dec 1899.

Is there a way to undo the past few updates? Everything is getting so buggy, I'm thinking that Quicken may no longer be my app of choice, especially as the phone app is almost worthless. On that app, I have to choose between three different accounts, all of which have the exact same name--not the file that is on my computer, so there is a disconnect between the two.

Comments

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Cynthia J Hoffman

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

To help me understand what could be causing changes to not be saved in Quicken, may I also ask that you also provide the path to the active data file?

This can be located by holding the "Control" key on the keyboard and clicking the file name along the top in Quicken.

In this path, do you see any mention of Dropbox or iCloud?

In regards to the incorrect date on the calendar when entering/editing a transaction, there is an ongoing discussion available here.

To remove datasets, please navigate to Quicken > Preferences > Connected Services.

Then choose "See All Cloud Accounts..."

A dataset can be removed by selecting the cloud account and selecting the (-).

Please note, that the active dataset cannot be deleted and it will be bolded.

I hope this helps, and please provide the file path so we can troubleshoot further!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • Tyka,

I was unable to reply to the email with my screen shots, but the drop down for my file does include iCloud.

I had included a screen shot of one very specific example of the problem--I set up a new account to track my Southwest travel funds. The first time I entered the data, I entered it as a negative (-285.00). Later, I went in and changed the numbers to a positive number (285.00). Everytime I come back to the file, it is still negative. This has also happened for entries in the regular accounts that I have changed, even after I reconciled the accounts.

This morning, I had a number of very old transactions download in two accounts (ones that had already been reconciled, but that I had edited before reconciling). These are easily deleted as duplicates, but I don't understand why they would download again.

This is becoming a constant aggravation. Is there any way to go back to a previous version of Quicken for Mac?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Cynthia J Hoffman

Thank you for the response and for providing additional details.

It is not recommended to store the active data file in a cloud drive as it can lead to file damage and issues that you have described.

https://www.quicken.com/support/can-i-share-my-quicken-file-between-multiple-computers-using-dropbox

Going back to a previous version of Quicken for Mac will still be using the same damaged data file and wouldn't correct the issue.

I would start by restoring a backup file and ensuring the file is saved to the hard drive of the computer.

I would start by restoring a recent backup file and see if the behavior persists, you may need to restore on an older backup depending on how long you've been experiencing these issues.

Please click on the link below to learn more about saving and restoring backups.

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-backup-or-restore-your-quicken-data

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.