Is there a way to copy report customizations to a different report/graph

Options
I have a cash flow report that I have customized (removed payees, categories, etc.). I would like to copy this customization to other reports/graphs to get different views of the same data. Is there a way to copy my customizations or make a template I can apply to other reports?

Best Answer

Answers

• edh57
    edh57 Member
    Options
    That's what I was afraid of. I exported the report to Excel where I can do most of what I want through graphs and pivot tables and such.

This would be a nice feature to add since the customization can get complicated if you're removing specific transactions etc.

I also notice there is no way to list all your customization. That would make it easier to duplicate them in other reports. Right now it seems like I would need to record them by hand in order to reenter them correctly. Seems error prone.

Thanks for the quick response.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    One issue with copying customizations from one report to another is that different standard reports have different defaults, so it is not clear what customizations should transfer.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • edh57
    edh57 Member
    Options
    True in the general sense but I would think that things like selected accounts, categories and payees should be common across most reports. Even that would probably get you most of the way to where you wanted to be. In my case it would have solved my problem completely.
This discussion has been closed.