I' I cannot recategorize items that are in a split.

Options
I'm on quicken 2020 for Windows. When I try to recategorize, it will nto let me do it.Why. I end up having to make multiple enties

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    HOW are you trying to do this recategorization?
    Because, the usual procedure would be to select the transaction from your non-investment account and then click the GREEN checkmark that's immediately to the right of the word "-- Split --" in the transaction. OR, after selecting the transaction you can simply do CTRL-S.
    Then, just change any category in the split that you desire.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• eichnerdonmary
    eichnerdonmary Member ✭✭
    Options
    I've tried this but it does not work. It acts like the change is OK, but it stays the same. I think it used to work but now seems quirky. I've tried it from a report and from the transaction. I used Quicken for 25 years and this has me stumped. Today, I even tried putting in a new split and then changing it and it wold not work. It is night here,, so Ill check back tomorrow. Thanks I'm on Quicken Subscription
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    After you edit the splits, are you clicking OK and then SAVE (on the main transaction)?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• eichnerdonmary
    eichnerdonmary Member ✭✭
    Options
    I always Hit OK. I setup a dummy entry and split it into 2 different catagories, but it put both of them into a different catagory. I discovered this when I did a sort by catagory. At that point, I did a recatorgize and it worked. But later when I tried to recatorgize again, in the actual transaction, it put them in the wrong place. Has me baffeled. Is there a chance my data file is corrupted? Thanks
    One last question, is there a way to expand the window when you look at catagories- I cannot see the wording unless I put the mouse on the line.