File size changed between 2017 and 2020 MAC versions

I upgraded from 2017 to 2020. The 2017 file size was 107 MB and the new file was 115 MB. I then transferred about 400 transactions from a combined account into 2 separate accounts. The file size jumped to 141 MB. Is there a way to compact this file? With the old 2007 version you could perform a save a copy and it would clean up some of the file and reduce the size.
Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1994
Tagged:

Comments

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    No, there is no file maintenance for modern Quicken Mac files. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Rick2022
    Rick2022 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the information. Any idea as to why the file increased 26 MB just by adding approx. 400 rows of transactions? No attachments were added.
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited April 2020
    You may have noticed when you first moved your QM2017 database to QMac that there was a pause while the database was being upgraded. The database structure has been revised somewhat in QMac to accommodate new features. Therefore, it doesn't surprise me that the converted file is somewhat bigger than the QM2017 file. 

This got me curious, so I just reconverted my old QM2017 file to QMac. The old file was 161.8MB. The converted file is 193.2MB with no changes made other than converting. So your results seem right in line with what should be expected.

I'm not sure why the added transactions after the conversion caused another significant jump in file size, but I wouldn't worry about it if everything is working properly.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Rick2022
    Rick2022 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks everyone.
This discussion has been closed.