457(b)

how do i classify a 457(b) account

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    More info needed in order to assist you.
    What Q product are you running, and what BUILD of that product.  Do HELP, About Quicken for this info.  AND, if it's there, what's the "Valid Thru" date for your Q.
    A 457(B) would, under normal circumstances, be set up as if it were a 401k account.  Did you try that?
    And, see this for the differences (as far as Q is concerned, they're few) between a 457(b) and a 401k.  https://www.investopedia.com/ask/answers/100314/what-difference-between-401k-plan-and-457-plan.asp
    My wife works for a non-profit, and I've set up her 403(b) account as if it were a 401k.  Works perfectly.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• TDooley
    TDooley Member ✭✭
    Premier Version R25.21; Build 27.1.25.21; Tuesday, February 8, 2022. I did, but wasn't sure that was right since it just listed 401 and 403 accounts. I know they're very similar. Anyway, I found a YouTube video that included it in that category. Still having some issues with the info downloaded, but I'm working with my financial institution on that. Thanks for responding.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where is your 457 held ?
    For example - with Fidelity - their normal brokerage accts use one portal for user online website access - as does Quicken - and for the "special retirement" accounts like the 401, 403, 457 they use a totally different online website portal called - Net Benefits - and Quicken reflects that in the totally different account setup.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10