How to include category groups in reports - instructions

Elaine2
Elaine2 Member ✭✭✭
Following Help instructions "how to include category groups in reports".
Step 4 Click Display tab
Step 5 In the organization list, select category group.

Issue is that no category shows up on the list.
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    If there is not even a column for the categories in the report: 
    • In the report, click on the gear icon at the top right of the report to open the Customize popup.
    • Make sure you have the date range set to what you want.
    • Display tab:  Click on "Reset Columns"
    • Accounts tab:  Make sure the account(s) you want included in the report are checked.  (I usually just "Select All" unless I want to keep a specific account out of the report.)
    • Do the same thing on the Categories, Payees and Tags tabs.
    • Advanced tab:  Make sure "Amounts" = "All", "Tax related transactions" is not checked, "Transaction Types" = "All transactions", "Subcategories" = "Show All" and in the "Status" box all boxes are checked.
    • Click OK.
    If this puts transactions into the report that you don't want included (such as specific categories, accounts or payees), pull up the Customize popup, again and then uncheck those that you do not want in it.
    Once you are satisfied with the report, save the report so you won't need to go through all of this again the next time you pull up the report.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    If there is not even a column for the categories in the report: 
    • In the report, click on the gear icon at the top right of the report to open the Customize popup.
    • Make sure you have the date range set to what you want.
    • Display tab:  Click on "Reset Columns"
    • Accounts tab:  Make sure the account(s) you want included in the report are checked.  (I usually just "Select All" unless I want to keep a specific account out of the report.)
    • Do the same thing on the Categories, Payees and Tags tabs.
    • Advanced tab:  Make sure "Amounts" = "All", "Tax related transactions" is not checked, "Transaction Types" = "All transactions", "Subcategories" = "Show All" and in the "Status" box all boxes are checked.
    • Click OK.
    If this puts transactions into the report that you don't want included (such as specific categories, accounts or payees), pull up the Customize popup, again and then uncheck those that you do not want in it.
    Once you are satisfied with the report, save the report so you won't need to go through all of this again the next time you pull up the report.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• Elaine2
    Elaine2 Member ✭✭✭
    Thank you for this solution. I will try it in the morning. Will advise of success--
This discussion has been closed.