Quicken doesn't recognize annuity mutual fund at Vanguard

Quicken doesn't recognize annuity mutual fund at Vanguard

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's the fund name and symbol?
    In Q, what type of account are you holding this fund in?
    Please elaborate upon exactly what you mean by "doesn't recognize".
    And, what Q product and BUILD of that product are you running?  Do HELP, About Quicken for this info.  Also, if it's present there, what is your "Valid Thru" date?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• davidbrictson
    davidbrictson Member ✭✭
    Annuity account.
    Quicken did not recognize nor enter Global Bond Fund I purchased in annuity account, and does not update this item. It's strange, because it does enter and update other mutual funds in this annuity account.
    My Quicken product is the 2020 version
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Global Bond fund appears to be a special annuity fund, not a regular mutual fund. Quicken only downloads quotes for publicly traded securities.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • davidbrictson
    davidbrictson Member ✭✭
    yes, it is a special annuity fund. However, all of the other annuity funds I have at Vanguard are so called special, .ie. each has its own ID, and each IS recognized and updated on Quicken except for this new one. All the other Annuity funds at Vanguard are updated daily. It's a puzzlement.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What are the other funds, and their symbols?  And, what's the symbol for this bond fund?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• davidbrictson
    davidbrictson Member ✭✭
    !st of all ,thanks for your interest and help. Another fund have is TOTAL BOND iDX, 0086 per Vanguard. Global Bond Index is ID's as 0804 by Vanguard.
    I guess I'm going too far on this quest
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is a listing of Vanguard's variable annuity funds.
    https://personal.vanguard.com/us/funds/annuities/variable

They do not have tickers, but some have names that are similar to Vanguard's mutual funds. I suspect that you are getting the prices for the Total Bond Market Index fund VBTLX (currently $11.42) or the Investor (VBMFX) or the ETF (BND) version of that fund rather than your annuity fund.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • davidbrictson
    davidbrictson Member ✭✭
    Thanks, Jim. I'll take it from here.. Your efforts were appreciated
  • Brewno
    Brewno Member ✭✭
    I have two Vanguard accounts, one with mutual funds and another with variable annuities. When I update the mutual funds account the annuity account also gets updated. The annuities do not have symbols like VFINX but they do have CUSIP ID values. I'm using Windows 10 and Quicken Deluxe subscription.
    BTW, Vanguard is getting out of the annuities business.