Why were there errors in transactions in my reconciliations?

Options
I am using quicken premier 2020 ( see attached .png). When i opened quicken today it immediately updated with no problem.

I've only had this program for about 5 months after years with MS Money. Everything's been good until today.

I did a full transaction download, probably since 3/15 or so, and then proceeded to reconcile all my accounts to my last statements.
On my most used CC reconciliation I had maybe 8 deposit transactions showing up that should have been in my or my husband's CHECKING ACCOUNTS, like our paychecks. And those transactions were also in the correct accounts. I had to manually delete them from the CC account.
Then in my husband's checking there were two debit transactions from 3/18/20 missing. I had to key them in manually.

This is not inspiring confidence!

SAM :# :#

Answers

• Quicken Hugh
    Quicken Hugh Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello Mogenses,

Are the CHK and CC accounts both held at the same Financial Institution? It is possible, albeit very uncommon, for the FI to have messed up the transactions they sent down, and the Quicken software just followed instructions and populated the transactions in the CHK and CC registers as instructed.

Was there any sort of error message that occurred when you did the One Step Update? If so, exactly what did the error message say?
    Did all of the CHK transactions show up in the CC register, or only the 8 deposits?

"[In the] checking there were two debit transactions from 3/18/20 missing." There were only 2 transactions missing, but all of the other recent transactions correctly downloaded? Again, can you provide more details about this please? If you go to Tools > Account List, then select the row for the account in question - what type of connection is listed there? In the Transaction Download column, does it say "improve connection" in blue text?

Please post more details so we might better help you trouble shoot this issue. Or, if need be, you are always welcome to contact support directly for one on one help troubleshooting this further.
  • mogenses
    mogenses Member ✭✭
    Options
    Sorry i didn't answer before. I'm not used to coming in here to look for answers so i guess I have to learn to do that. No the CC and checking accounts are at different institutions. I will reserve further criticism and i will try to use quicken monthly so i get more familiar with functionality. At this point my biggest issue seems to be items that are mis-categorized. Should I be reviewing documentation about how auto categorization works?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Hello @mogenses

Thank you for the response and the additional details.

If you have not done so already, I would take a moment to review the information available here on renaming rules. If you have previously worked with renaming rules, it is possible they will need to be edited or recreated to correct this issue.

You may also find the information on memorized transactions of interest. The article is available here.

I hope this helps, please let us know if you encounter any issues.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~