Fix the Loan Terms & Conditions

If you’re creating a brand new loan in real time then the loan capability under Debts that asks for terms and conditions, then provides a payment schedule and estimates works great, but try to add an old/existing loan, especially one that’s a few years paid and it’s a mess. You might as well enter it manually. My statements will show interest charged monthly, but the capability shows estimated but for does not do well to add these line item costs (which is what they are) to your register for the loan. It’s a mess.
Tagged:

Comments

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    If I had to take a wild guess I would say that the financial institution isn't sending the full history of the loan when first connected.

When they decided to allow downloading of loan accounts they took the approach of "the financial institution knows best" and basically all they do is get the transactions from the financial institution and store them in Quicken.  From what I know of this Quicken doesn't "control/change" the data.  So garbage in, garbage out.

This is also the reason why whenever someone comes in and reports wrong/missing payments and such, the normal answer is "The financial institution controls this, and if they aren't sending the right information you should use a manual loan account instead."
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.